Last updated on January 13, 2021
approx. 20 hours / week
email: [email protected]
hummHive is an open-source application that employs a microservice architecture to help people share stories and media, express themselves, and create fuctionally-adaptive digital communities. With hummHive's architecture and API, people can both utilise and create plug-ins that radically customise the application.
hummHive's design is a departure from contemporary patterns for sharing and creating online - opposed to requiring the use of walled-garden, monolithic websites or services, hummHive encourages and enables the use of myriad tools and services to avoid vendor lock-in. hummHive helps people and communities have full stewardship over how their stories and content are created, viewed, shared, monetized, distributed, and published
We are looking for a stellar UI/UX designer for hummHive's next product development and release cycle.
What this Role Entails:
- Developing an intimate understanding of our products and the current state user experience to identify gaps.
- Expressing ideas and opinions about UX design principles, practices and methods.
- Developing and refining user personas to help deepen our collective alignment with stakeholders.
- Collecting and understanding business and user feedback on product usability and design.
- Conducting direct and indirect research of our user groups to understand and interpret needs and priorities to help drive adoption and engagement.
- Designing mockups, storyboards, wireframes, and prototypes as needed to test and iterate on your designs.
- Using the feedback you’ve collected and your design expertise to design and deliver new and improved user experiences.
- Identifying and track important UX engagement metrics in collaboration with Product Management.
- Creating interactive prototypes for remote usability testing.
Ideal Experience and Skills:
- A proven record of creating exceptional user experiences in software that drives results (with a portfolio that showcases your skills).
- Limitless curiousity – you seek to understand the “why” to reach the best design recommendations.
- Experience working closely within product management and software development teams, processes and tools to bring design concepts to reality.
- At least 3 years of UX/UI experience in a software environment.
- Experience designing UX/UI for user-facing projects that utilise public key infrastructure.
- Deep reverence for nature.
- A keen eye for interface layout and graphic design.
Working with hummHive -
The team helping steward hummHive is a distributed company implementing leading-edge technologies and processes. Working in a distributed team can be fantastic - they can create environments that allow dynamic and adaptable growth. To thrive, they require a high-degree of discipline. Folks working on hummHive:
- help foster an environment that allows for direct, clear, and consistent communication.
- acknowledge and value the diversity of talents in their colleagues, especially those different from their own.
- own what they do do: well, bad, or otherwise without excuses.
- do not criticize, but create and develop solutions, then propose them for possible implementation.
- confidently motivate, inspire, and make decisions.
Contact and Next Steps:
If you're interested, please email [email protected] with a resume/CV, a design portfolio, and brief summary of why you are applying for this role.
Product demo and Discussion - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnoUCV7DUIk
Further Explanation of hummHive - https://blog.humm.earth
Thank you, and be well!